PLANNED PARENTHOOD ACTION FUND
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, July 5, 2016
CONTACT: Planned Parenthood Action Fund media office: 212-261-4433 email@example.com
John Kasich told Politico this week that he’s “all in for Rob” and “pledged to do whatever is needed” to re-elect his buddy Rob Portman to U.S. Senate. This comes as no surprise –– the two have teamed up for years to decimate access to reproductive health care in Ohio.
Governor John Kasich and U.S. Senator Rob Portman’s “bromance” has ushered in one of the most restrictive, anti-woman state governments in the country.
- Ohio has enacted 18 measures that restrict women’s access to health care. That’s more than Texas.
- Nearly half the abortion providers in the state have shuttered.
- Ohio women have been forced to drive to Michigan to access abortion.
- Ohio put a gag order on rape crisis counselors that prohibited them from telling women they had the option to access abortion services.
- The state of Ohio blocked patients from care at Planned Parenthood health centers. That came despite overwhelming opposition from public health experts and Ohioans in Columbus and online.
Rob Portman has voted SEVEN times to block patients from care at Planned Parenthood health centers, despite the fact that 65 percent of Ohioans disagree with him. Rob Portman claims that Planned Parenthood doesn’t provide “legitimate” health care. Try telling that to the 80,000 Ohioans who rely on Planned Parenthood every year for birth control, STI testing and treatment, and cancer screenings.
Planned Parenthood Action Fund is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit membership organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The Action Fund engages in educational and electoral activity, including grassroots organizing, legislative advocacy, and voter education.